21 Aug 2006

Making Complaint Again!

Yesterday was a long day for me. Mr Chiew and I spent more than eight hours at Prague Airport. Yupe, the flight was delayed.

When I queued up for an hour and reached the check-in counter at 4:00pm, I was so happy because I thought we’ll be setting off on time at 4:55pm and reached Glasgow at 6:20pm as scheduled, then we could join our friends for dinner. Unfortunately, the lady at the counter told us: “These are the vouchers for you because the flight is delayed. The flight will depart at about 11:00pm.” What? Nothing we could do besides waiting. Sigh!

Waited and waited, tried and tried to kill the time. As we did last minute visits this morning, so we didn’t bring any book besides guide books for Prague in our hand luggage to minimise the weight of it. We talked about this and that until we had no new topic. So, Mr. Chiew renamed some photos taken these few days and I played some computer games. Luckily, we brought along our laptop.

It was 9:00pm finally, but the departure information board showed “NEXT INF 21:30”. Therefore, we sat for 30 minutes more. The weird thing was the information didn’t change until 10:10pm. We tried to get some help from the airport staffs.

On our way, we met a lady who was looking at a notice board.

“Are you going to Glasgow?” I asked and looked at the notice board. It’s about air passenger rights.

“Aye, that’s why I’m looking at my rights now.” She jotted down the details.

“Let me take a photo, it’s easier.”

“Oh, yeah, I should get my camera too.”

Few minutes later, this happened.


Yes, they were taking photos of the notice board and focused on “Long Delays” and “Help and further information”. And the lady said, “See, you started something.” I laughed happily and forgot that I should be very angry.

However, I think I’m a smart lady because I still remember to take this as a proof about the poor and ridiculous management of the airport.


Mr Chiew got the new information from one of the staffs finally. The guy made a call and told those pity passengers, “The plane will be arriving 15 minutes after midnight and departing one hour later.” I can’t imagine it. I took more than half a day to fly back to Glasgow from Prague! I can reach KL from London already!

In fact, I really pity on those elderly people. After waiting for hours, as a young person, I felt like half dead already, I think their tiredness might be double up of mine. An old man tried to lift up his legs every few minutes. I think this was to prevent his legs from swelling. Again, nothing I could help them besides showing a helpless smile.

When all the passengers had sat on their seats at 12:30am this morning, the captain apologised for the long delay. It was because of the plane was having some technical problems, of course he emphasised again and again not the plane we took, so the technicians took four to five hours to settle the problems. The plane we took flew from Barcelona to Prague and took us back to Glasgow. He also said that he understood our frustration and in fact he and the cabin crews were tired too. Scaring…

Anyway, I reached home safely at 3:00am this morning. Otherwise you won’t read my blog now. I hope I need not to make any complaint about airport or airline when I travel in the future.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 22 August, 2006 00:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The important thing is that you are home safely. :)

 
At 22 August, 2006 01:04, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

Yes, luckily I reached home safely.
Otherwise, my dad and mum will lose all of their investment on me.

 
At 22 August, 2006 02:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you e-mail us your phone no. again?

 
At 22 August, 2006 02:39, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

E-mail sent.
^_^

 
At 22 August, 2006 03:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hungry lor. Don't know who talked to my wife over the phone for so long, dinner still not ready....

 
At 22 August, 2006 04:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, can u e-mail us your address, otherwise I sure go to holland one!

 
At 22 August, 2006 04:46, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

No wonder Mrs. Greenpasture asked whether I have had my dinner just now.
Haha, the answer was "haven't yet".
For sure, you'll say, nowadays talking also can make women feel full.

 
At 22 August, 2006 10:50, Blogger 血大夫 said...

旅行回来周先生的荷包穿洞了吧
然后是投诉机场
跟着煲电话粥
后来是不是周先生和青先生都肚饿了 ?

嗯,女人....
:-)

 
At 22 August, 2006 13:55, Blogger 呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

Alas, airport, lubuk airport again!

but I am more astonised by this statement "nowadays talking also can make women feel full", hahaha, luckily I am not!

 
At 22 August, 2006 22:35, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

BloodDoc,
周先生知道我靠不住的。
他不会指望我来喂饱他的肚子。
他在我讲电话时,就吃晚餐了。
^_^

 
At 22 August, 2006 22:44, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

瑞华,你现在知道小巫见大巫了吧?
1个小时真的是算不了什么。
最好笑的是,我的8个小时只值得200CZK,也就是5英镑或RM35。
天哪……

布拉格的天气真的很热。
快晒焦了。
不过,她真的是一个美丽的城市。
还有,那里的消费也比英国便宜。
这是最让我感到高兴的。
^_^

 
At 22 August, 2006 23:19, Blogger 添健 said...

航空公司给我们每人200捷克克朗的“安抚金”,说是给我们refreshment的津贴。其实延迟了8个小时,没有至少2000克朗是很难refresh的啦……

结果我们用那400克朗在机场吃晚餐,自己还得另外掏出500克朗。

 
At 23 August, 2006 00:51, Blogger W said...

那老姨如果到M國來﹐她的手一定會很痠﹗
你的遊記會出現在這裡嗎﹖還是會在‘歐遊掠影’那兒﹐抑或打算裝在記憶裡就算了﹖期待看到美美的照片﹗

等待是辛苦的﹐但是回憶﹐不管是甜還是苦的﹐未來都會是難忘﹑令人會心一笑的﹗

 
At 23 August, 2006 02:02, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

Way少,你放心。
我就是因为怕她们手酸,所以给她们示范了如何应用高科技。
只是没有想到,我有一天可能会变相卖国。:(

踏出苏格兰以外的游记都会出现在《欧游掠影》那里。
不过,可能要等一等才会看见布拉格的样子。
因为丹麦和挪威还有一些可以写的景点。:)

 
At 23 August, 2006 02:12, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

那个延迟8个小时的航空公司是FLYGLOBESPAN.
(看,女人是不可以惹的。^_^)

我也很喜欢那个天文钟。
现在,只要不是城堡或教堂,我就会喜欢了。
我还买了天文钟的拼图明信片寄给我的外甥女。

Strahov Monastery的图书馆也很壮观。

 

Post a Comment

<< Home