17 Jan 2007

My 100th Post

This is the 100th article at Green Lotus Pond. In fact, I planned to write something about my beloved grandpa for my 100th post, but I am quite busy recently. Therefore, I give up the idea and write something about my birthday as I wish I can write a better article for my grandpa.

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday. As I had a class at night, so I had dinner with my friends on the 14th to celebrate my birthday. Here are the photos of them and gifts from them.



Cool Slideshows


In fact, I told them the best gift they can give me would be to say that I looked like 23 years old. Haha… But they refused to say it. Many thanks to them, not only for spending time with me on my birthday but also for helping me a lot since I arrived in Glasgow. Frankly, life in Glasgow will be much harder without them. Thanks to Mr. Chiew who organised the nice dinner too.

Yesterday, I received the first birthday greeting from policemen ever in my life. I got an emergency job at the police station to help the police to investigate a case. When the policeman jotted down my details, he asked for my date of birth. Then I told him, “15 January…”
“Not the date, your birthday.”
“Aye, today is my birthday.”
He and his colleagues laughed and wished me.SmileyCentral.com

When I finished my class at night, one of my blogmates called and wanted to wish me happy birthday too. But the problem was the two men talked and talked and talked over the phone, end up I didn’t speak to him.

Of course I received SMSs, MSN messages, e-mails and e-cards from my sisters and friends. By the way, one of my juniors left a message at the pond too. Now there are more wishes at the pond. Many thanks to all of you!

When I was online this morning, I received some belated birthday wishes via e-mail and MSN too. After coming back from my job this afternoon, I received two cards from UM debate team. Thanks to Siad Huey who posted them to me. Meanwhile, there is a card still on its way. But the sender’s husband doubts that the card will reach me since it’s so small. According to him, POS Malaysia can’t see small things. So, the sender hopes that I’ll receive the card and prove to the husband: “Malaysia Boleh!”

It’s really good to have such nice and kind friends to celebrate my birthday with me. Thanks again.




Labels: ,

33 Comments:

At 17 January, 2007 04:45, Blogger Sfun said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 17 January, 2007 06:47, Blogger suayhwa said...

生日快乐!

 
At 17 January, 2007 09:28, Blogger 湘绣蜻蜓 said...

Happy belated birthday!!! :))

Mine is 10th January, next time we can wishing each other ^_^

 
At 17 January, 2007 09:31, Blogger 湘绣蜻蜓 said...

Wah!! U got a lot of snoopy gifts huh...
I love snoopy :P

 
At 17 January, 2007 12:01, Blogger Mee Ling said...

遲來的生日祝福,祝身體健康,天天愉快喔。

 
At 17 January, 2007 17:13, Blogger W said...

可惜你不在馬來西亞﹐否則﹐可以請你和羽球先生去看這部戲

嘿﹐薄荷糖小姐﹐生日快樂﹗

 
At 17 January, 2007 17:21, Blogger W said...

忘了恭喜你突破第 100 篇文章﹐加油﹗

你的禮物﹑蛋糕都很漂亮﹔身在異鄉﹐還有一群朋友和你一起慶祝生日﹐真的好幸福﹗

還有﹐哪個是羽球先生呀﹖﹗

近期﹐人老了﹐一直忘了要講的話﹐要留幾次言才可以把話說完。

 
At 17 January, 2007 20:29, Blogger 血大夫 said...

突破一百大关,恭喜
生日快乐,再恭喜
怎么年龄不是女人最大的秘密了吗?竟然在网上公布。世界变了 :-)

 
At 17 January, 2007 20:31, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

谢谢大家。
原来蜻蜓也喜欢Snoopy,找到同道中人了。
Way少,你可以等我们回家了再请我们看另一部戏。
羽球先生就是坐在左手边的那一个。
问题是,你懂哪一个是我吗?

也给蜻蜓和ShuFen献上迟来的生日祝福。
祝你们:天天快乐!

 
At 17 January, 2007 20:35, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

血医生,我不说,你们也会问,倒不如我自己说好了。
年龄也不是什么秘密啦,首先就瞒不了一同长大的朋友;再来就是从字里行间,大家也可以猜到我的岁数有多大。
^_^

 
At 17 January, 2007 20:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

薄荷糖,祝你生日快乐、青春永驻!

 
At 17 January, 2007 21:47, Blogger W said...

看另一部戲﹖﹗那就得等明年了﹐而且﹐也未必剛好有戲叫《生日快乐》 的!

之前在周生的部落格看过他的 '玉照',好象很瘦很瘦的,不是嗎?怎么这个好象變正常了,蘇州的米飯應該很好吃吧?

你的玉照到處都是,看過 “幾百遍” 了!你忘了,我還有你陳姐姐的大著呢!

 
At 17 January, 2007 21:55, Blogger 呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

薄荷糖好幸福哟,一大群朋友记得你的生日呢

 
At 17 January, 2007 21:58, Blogger 呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

哎呀,忘了祝贺薄荷糖突破100生日大关,oppss,是100佳作大关才对^_^

 
At 17 January, 2007 22:04, Blogger awan said...

碧綠荷塘,我來得最遲了,祝妳有“”的“”子天天“快樂”!
另,way 啊,747、血醫和我的生日也過不久而已,你也可以請我們去看“生日快樂”呵,我們在國內呢,哈哈!

 
At 18 January, 2007 02:00, Blogger 添健 said...

胖做瘦时瘦亦胖,瘦做胖时胖亦瘦。哪一张是“正常”,哪一张是“反常”,还是都“不正常”,是很难说的。

教训:照片是可以用来骗人的!

 
At 18 January, 2007 02:27, Blogger vanille said...

迟来的祝福!!! :-)
我的也快到了。

 
At 18 January, 2007 03:03, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

谢谢Yin、747、阿晚和Vanille。

对hor,Way少,你有我的出游记。
我竟然忘了我的照片到处贴。
看来我得声明:我是没有钱的,诸位歹徒请不要看上我。就算绑架我,也没有人愿意给赎金的。
顺便提醒Way少,记得请血医生、阿晚和747去看《生日快乐》。

747,这100篇文章里头,有些是之前在南洋写的文章。
一直想把它们都贴上来“报大数”,可是一直在忙,还没有贴完呢!

 
At 18 January, 2007 07:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Officially say Happy Birthday to you. :D
And I still hope that this would not be your last birthday in Scotland.

 
At 18 January, 2007 19:00, Blogger W said...

我了解了﹗羽球先生胖時是因為薄荷糖養他養得好﹐瘦是因為他喜歡 “耍太極”﹗

怎麼翻起舊賬來﹖
那誰來請我看戲﹖﹗

 
At 18 January, 2007 20:37, Blogger 血大夫 said...

哈哈,逮到way 少也重色轻友,请薄荷糖看戏,不请我 ?
人家可是有羽毛球选手之妇哩.. :-)

 
At 18 January, 2007 21:36, Blogger 呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

哎呀,虽然咱们吃饱没事干,也不好在这挑泼离间了,人家way少是邀请羽毛球选手贤伉俪呢

不过,话说回头,老表弟为何不请老表姐看戏?:-)

 
At 18 January, 2007 21:37, Blogger 添健 said...

哎哟!周末打打球就变成羽毛球选手,现在还无师自通会耍太极。网络的虚拟性质和无限可能的潜力,果然在此发挥得淋漓尽致!

至于要看戏又要避嫌的话,很简单——请我一起看不就得了:D

 
At 19 January, 2007 01:28, Blogger W said...

兩位先生﹐是時候配副新眼鏡了﹕我七早八早就說﹕“可以請你和羽球先生去看這部戲”了﹐請倒帶﹗

我再不 “通氣” 也不會隨隨便便和有夫之婦單獨去看戲啦﹐你以為我是陳水啊﹗

网络是不是擁有无限潛力,這我不大清楚﹐但我覺得這事多多少少得歸功于羽球先生本身的可塑性強﹗

至於老表姐﹐下次咱們就相約去看戲吧﹗小黃瓜會不會海扁我呀﹖哈哈﹗還有﹐干嘛忽然 “換名字”﹖

至於BD﹐等你配好新眼鏡﹐咱們也可以去看戲啦﹗

 
At 19 January, 2007 02:15, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

GP, I hope it isn't my last birthday in Scotland too.
Scotland is a lovely place with many of my lovely friends, hopefully I have the chance to come back here to celebrate my birthday.
So, I have to work harder after going back home.
^_^

 
At 19 January, 2007 02:22, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

BloodDoc果然是has nothing to do after eating.
不过,还是很谢谢你说Way少重色轻友,因为我对“色”的解读是“姿色”。
哈哈……

换名了的747,放心,我已经提醒你的老表弟请你看戏了。

周添健,你很会趁火打劫哦!
改天没有人要请我看戏了,因为一请就得请两个。
呜呜……可怜的薄荷糖。

Way少,你也放心,如果你只是请我一个人,我也是会赴约的,并且担保没有人会扁你。

 
At 19 January, 2007 11:11, Blogger 呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

我们这一群人,还真的吃饱没事干
一句请看戏可以衍生一个论坛

哎呀,你们以为我无聊换那个我最讨厌的名字呀
我逛部落格的时候同时启动G信箱,笨蛋的BLOGGER自动把我的身份转换成G信箱的First Name,真讨厌!

都是Beta惹的祸,opps,都已经不是beta了还一样笨哦

老表弟,咱们去看电影,不告诉小黄瓜不就得了?

薄荷糖,你拿什么担保没人会陈水老表弟?

 
At 19 January, 2007 13:27, Blogger W said...

老表姐﹐你又拿什么担小黃瓜不會知道﹐不會海扁我﹐HIHI﹗

薄荷糖﹐我們可以約吃飯﹐至於愛情片﹐就留給你和你的愛人一起看﹐才浪漫啊~

 
At 19 January, 2007 18:43, Blogger 添健 said...

不是趁火打劫,只是借机沾光。

 
At 20 January, 2007 02:43, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

我拿周先生担保没有人会陈水Way少咯。
747,你怎么担保小黄瓜不知道你偷偷和Way少去看电影?
我们怎么互相把彼此说成是没有自由的女子?
好歹我们也是活在21世纪啊。

周添健,你要沾光啊,好吧,我考虑一下。
Oops!我又得罪你了。
幸亏今天的晚餐已经有着落了。

 
At 04 February, 2007 02:54, Blogger Snowpiano^ ^ said...

哈!搭个嘴。。

那天和玉莲说,最幸福莫过于与爱的人一起过生日。

以为喜欢“踩”人的玉莲会不自禁踩添建。。

不过,她竟然说,这样也是对的。。。

哈!好甜啊!

祈愿玉莲的日子一直都那么的幸福与甜蜜!^ ^

 
At 04 February, 2007 02:54, Blogger Snowpiano^ ^ said...

哈!搭个嘴。。

那天和玉莲说,最幸福莫过于与爱的人一起过生日。

以为喜欢“踩”人的玉莲会不自禁踩添建。。

不过,她竟然说,这样也是对的。。。

哈!好甜啊!

祈愿玉莲的日子一直都那么的幸福与甜蜜!^ ^

 
At 04 February, 2007 16:48, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

跟你談話的那一天,剛替一個乳癌擴散成骨癌的病人傳話。
傳譯的内容就是“你只有四十多嵗,又有一個六個月大的女兒,我們希望盡量幫你延長你的生命。”
你說,我還有心情踩人嗎?
還有,我哪有喜歡踩人?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home